Friday, August 27, 2010

Nellie's Dryer Balls and Natures Emporium

Love these things...

I'm never in the Newmarket area but last weekend on my way back from my cooking classes in Port Carling I decided to drive through. Something caught my eye driving down Yonge Street - this huge sign - Natures Emporium. Always up for an adventure and actually having time to wander, I veered off. So impressed! Everything is organic. I walked in and straight ahead was a huge produce section with beautiful dark green leafies - oh the kale and swiss chard!! Off to the right was a prepared section with alot of raw food (surprise!) including a nice looking pizza.

I wandered through the bulk section and all the other aisles and came to the cleaning section. The usuals were all there and then I saw dryer balls. I've wanted to try these balls instead of using fabric softener and tried something similar in the past but wasn't impressed. The cute packaging caught my eye (sucker!) so for $19.99 I was the new owner of 2 green funny looking dryer balls. Nellies is a line of non-toxic, hypoallergenic, environmentally friendly cleaning products. The idea behind these pvc-free dryerballs is they lift and separate clothes, moving air efficiently through the dryer. This reduces drying by 15-25%. And because the clothes are not all balled up in a bunch, 10 minutes on medium heat will also push wrinkles right out and help eliminate lint buildup on your clothes.

This is from their CUTE website: Dryerballs do not eliminate static; they only help to prevent it. Climate and over drying are the main causes for static. Additional things you can do to help reduce static are:

- Decrease drying time
- Use less detergent
- Separate synthetics from the rest of your clothes

I've used them in 6 loads of laundry so far and so far so good - I love them!

http://www.nelliesallnatural.com/

No comments: