Friday, August 27, 2010

Berry Red Rooibos Cooler

nourishtea is a great brand of loose leaf teas. I was flipping through the September issue of tonic magazine this afternoon and came across a Sobeys ad for a Rooibos cooler that caught my eye.

Chris, one of the owners of nourishtea, has impressed me with his development of nourishtea and his commitment to charity.

Here's the recipe.... AND I just happened to have fresh raspberries in my fridge! The recipe serves 4. I halved the recipe but kept the raspberry amount the same ... nice little afternoon treat! Kind of like the mojitos I used to make when I worked at The Keg!!! Well except for the rum....

2 tbsp Rooibos nourishtea
1/2 cup raspberries, crushed
1 tsp honey
f1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
4 cups of water
1 cup of ice

Steep the tea in 2 cups of hot water for 15 minutes. Add the two other cups of water, crushed raspberries, and honey. Place in the fridge and chill for 2 hours. add 1 cup of ice to the liquid and garnish with fresh mint.

http://www.nourishtea.ca/tea_press.html

No comments: