Friday, August 13, 2010

Fish Friday Change-Up

Fridays usually means fish in our house. Today I went to see Tony at Snappers as I do every Friday to pick up some treats. The salmon steaks looked great today so I picked 2 up as well as some fresh Ontario tomatoes, and some broccoli that looked nice and crisp at Fresh and Wild next door.
I usually do dill, olive oil, and a touch of sea salt and pepper or lemom pepper and a quick broil for the fish. Today I wanted to shake things up a little and do a quick sauce instead. I did 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and pepper on the salmon steaks. I put it the oven on broil and wham bam a nice saucy fish dinner.
We're also having crunchy broccoli (from Delicious Detox, page 75)and a fresh tomatoe salad (touch of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lots of fresh basil).

Took me 5 minutes to prepare everything and in 15 minutes we were sitting at the table eating. YUM.

No comments: