Monday, October 5, 2009

Urban Getaway - Mighty Leaf Tea

My husband Chris surprised me this weekend with a little urban getaway - a night at a hotel in Toronto. Yes we live in Toronto, but nothing beats blackout curtains, fluffy white robes and pillows, and not looking at my dusty baseboards!

We had a fabulous time walking around the neighbourhood, having dinner and breakfast out and relaxing without computers or to-do lists! Sunday morning we had breakfast at MBCo., a cute all-white place with a decadent supply of croissants and other breads and filled with wheat and gluten! I don't usually order egg-white omelettes as they are usually dry and lack flavour, (AND I think egg yolks get a bad wrap - everything in moderation!) but the spinach and goat cheese filling enticed me. We shared a fresh fruit bowl and I had a Mighty Leaf tea called African Nectar that was delicious. It is a rooibus tea with hibiscus and mallow and marigold flowers and some rose leaves. The omelette was fantastic and I ended up finding the tea in our neighbourhood at a store called Fresh and Wild and buying a box. It is expensive for a box, so it definitely won't be my daily tea but as a weekend tea it will hit the spot.

No comments: