Friday, October 9, 2009

Coconut Butter Truffles

mmmmmmmmmm....
Last week one of the massage therapists in the clinic brought in a dark chocolate ganache torte that was raw. Super easy crust made of coconut butter and maple syrup and almond flour and of course cocoa, while the 'filling' was coconut butter, maple syrup and cocoa.

I decided to make truffles out of the ganache filling part. I also made half the recipe so we didn't have 2 dozen truffles in the house!

In a food processor I ended up using 1 cup cocoa, 3/4 cup maple syrup, and 1/2 cup coconut butter. I processed it for a few minutes until it was completely smooth. I poured it in a small pie plate and placed it in the fridge for an hour. After an hour I used a melon baller and made little truffles and placed them on a plate and put them back in the fridge for another 3 hours. I rolled half in shredded coconut and the other half I left as is.

Delicious. And all gone!

No comments: