Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today is Day 2 of Detox

Yes it's that time again. I don't usually recommend doing a detox or cleanse in the winter time when it's this frigid outside but I wanted to create a few more recipes for my cookbook that I'm TRYING to get done!

So the complaining begins in the Morley house.... Chris is being dragged into this craziness yet again and to no surprise is already saying his "stomach feels empty".

This afternoon I spent organizing and preparing for the week, making a few key things that always get us through. I made hummus (always a good snack when you come home ravenous), parsley pesto (great for brown rice pasta and as a topping for fish), made some adzuki beans for some lunches, cut some pineapple for a few days for some protein shakes, and got some snacks organized for us like almonds, and apples. It's all about the preparation and organization for a successful cleanse. I've done this enough that I know the worst thing is coming home hungry and having to think what to make or what you can eat. If there are things ready in the fridge or written down you are more likely to succeed. And this doesn't just go for doing a cleanse. It also is the key healthy eating in general. Eating healthy isn't easy. It also takes time and effort to be organized and to have the proper foods around the house. Otherwise you are more likely to snack on unhealthy foods.

Wish us luck!

No comments: