Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rats, No Tahini

This is a good reminder to look for all your ingredients before you start cooking. However I am the queen of substitutions so more often than not it turns out ok like today!

After breakfast this morning I had a bit of time before going out and about, so decided to make tofu frittata for Tuesday night dinner and hummus for the week to snack on after we get home from work. I opened the can of chickpeas and put it in the food processor with a clove of garlic, the juice of half a lemon, some sea salt and pepper and some parsley and paprika. THEN I REALIZED.... I had no tahini! I usually put in about a tablespoon of tahini and then blend together with some olive oil but today I was in a bind. Now I've left out the tahini before and it's just not the same, so today I put in a teaspoon of almond butter and a teaspoon of peanut butter. Turned out great! Thicker and creamier than usual.

Next time I have to remember to look for all the ingredients before whipping things into the food processor!

No comments: