Saturday, May 30, 2009

Entertaining Tonight!

What a nice Saturday! We went for an early bike ride along the Humber River and then started our chores. Chris and I are having another couple over for dinner tonight so we planned our menu this morning, cleaned the house, bought most of the ingredients, and now I'm looking for a new strawberry rhubarb crumble or pie or square recipe while watching the French Open (Federer is playing - my favourite!)

I've done Emeril's crumble several times substituting the 10 TBSP OF BUTTER for sunflower oil. It has a touch of grand marnier and orange zest that makes it slightly more interesting than your average crumble. You can google strawberry rhubarb crumble and emeril and his recipe will pop up.

Chris always makes fun of me when we having people over because it's an all-day affair for me, planning the menu, buying everything, organizing all the ingredients on the counter, planning the order of cooking things, prepping the food .... we also always end up making way too much food (maybe that's the Polish in me!). It gives me a chance to try out new recipes or perfect old ones. I'm definitely doing some kind of arugula salad as the arugula I planted is finally ready! I'm also doing something I never do for guests - perogies!!!! No not mine but my mom's. We usually have a batch of hers in the freezer.... Ok off to start prepping!!

No comments: