Friday, May 22, 2009

CCNM Convocation

Ahhhh memories....

Today the class of 2009 graduated from CCNM, at Convocation Hall at U of T. 6 years ago I was there, in their shoes, nervous, excited, and exhausted. I was also there today but this time in my gown and hood on the stage, as an invited guest as a member of the Board of Governors of CCNM. I'm on month 6 of a 3 year term of sitting on BOG and have loved my experience thus far.

Being there today reminded me of how lucky I am to be part of such a compassionate profession. There may have even been some 'welling up' when reciting the naturopathic oath again.

"I dedicate myself to the service of humanity as a practitioner of the art and science of naturopathic medicine. By precept, education, and example, I will assist and encourage others to strengthen their health, reduce risks for disease, and preserve the health of our planet for ourselves and future generations. I will continually endeavour to improve my abilities. I will conduct my life and practice of naturopathic medicine with integrity and freedom from prejudice. I will keep confident what should not be divulged. I will honour the principles of naturopathic medicine:
First, do no harm.
To cooperate with the healing power of nature.
To address the fundamental causes of disease.
To heal the whole person through individualized treatment.
To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine.

With my whole heart, before these witnesses, as a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, I pledge to remain true to this oath."

After convocation was over I walked over to Kensington market (around College and Spadina) for a spelt muffin at Urban Herbivore and a matcha green tea soy latte at Moon Bean. When Chris lived around there that used to be a standard trip on a Sunday afternoon for us. I was thinking about that spelt muffin all day!!!! The apple cranberry is delicious and is what I usually get, but sometimes I'll grab the sweet potato and date spelt muffin.

No comments: