Friday, February 13, 2009

Vaccine Court

Now that the US primaries are finished, the election is long gone, and the inauguration of Barack Obama is over, I thought that my CNN addiction would dissipate. For some reason I'm still drawn to Campbell Brown's No Bias, No Bull show and continually watch it every night at 8 pm. Maybe it was my Today Show addiction when growing up.... (my cross country coach Ron always had it on at the gym in the mornings while I was running on the treadmill!)

Last night Campbell was fired up about the vaccine court ruling that 3 children's developmental delay/autism were not linked to the MMR vaccine. She said to finally let this possible connection die and everyone should vaccinate their kids and blah blah blah.

I think there is still much research to be done into the different theories of autism and vaccines in general. Why have the number of cases escalated? Are combination vaccinations the best way? Is the current schedule too much too soon for those little bodies to handle?

A great resource that I read over the xmas holidays was a book called Childhood Vaccinations, written by Katia Bailetti. She gives a great overview of the different vaccines and the pros and cons and alternate schedules. It's worth a read and it is always best to make an informed decision.

No comments: