Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mustard Plasters

It is unbelievable how many people with colds and flus have come in to the clinic this week. I've been trying to bleach everything (chair handles and tables) as often as I can to make sure it's a clean environment!!!

So it was only a matter of time until I started to get the sniffles. I'm fighting it though!!! I started taking my melange of things that are my go-to if there is even a hint of illness on the way. Echinacea Combo by St. Francis - dropperful every hour, vitamin C, zinc, and this time I'm adding Cu-Au-Ag trace elements to the mix as I'm in a constant effort to try new things on myself. Seems to be working!!!

I've had quite a few kids with chest congestion and one of the easiest things to do to help is a mustard plaster: 1 tbsp dry mustard, 1 tbsp cornstarch, mix with water to make a paste, put oil on chest and then mustard paste on top, tea towel to cover for maximum 15 minutes. Mustard has a rubifacient quality - it increases the circulation - so it's great at pulling out some of the congestion.

No comments: