Monday, February 25, 2008

My Personal Yoga Boot Camp

Wow. I'm just about to leave Edmonton after an intense 5 day personal yoga boot camp. I feel amazing. I came out on Thursday to visit my sister and check out her new Moksha yoga studio. Little did I know what I was in for! I ended up making the visit a little personal challenge - I did 2 classes a day for the time I was here and by the last class I took today, I could noticeably see and feel the difference in my flexibility and strength.

More importantly, I think it's important to sometimes step out of the regular hustle and bustle of life and challenge yourself to reawaken your health, vision, and goals. It doesn't even have to be yoga.... I guess it could be to challenge yourself to sit in stillness for 15 minutes a day, quit drinking pop for a week, write down what you are grateful for everyday for a month, or walk everyday for 20 minutes for a month.

I am grateful that I had this opportunity and thank Ang for kicking my butt everyday for the last 5 days..... my thighs and triceps thank her as well.

Namaste.

No comments: