Monday, February 11, 2008

Artificial Sweetners Make You Fat!

I was so happy, (almost vindicated!), when I read the Globe this morning and in the Life section there was an article explaining why artificial sweeteners make you fat.

When patients come to see me for weight loss, a common thing I see in their diet diaries is diet pop or low-fat, fat-free stuff - things with artificial sweeteners - even with Splenda, the sweetener many try to convince me that is "good". I always try to explain how I would rather see them eat/drink real sugar because at least your body knows what to do with sugar. Artificial sweeteners confuse the body's messaging systems - your body doesn't know how to react! I could rant forever.....

You can't fool nature.... Switch your pop for water and you will start to feel better!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080211.wlsweetener11/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/home

No comments: