Sunday, February 27, 2011

Edmonton Yoga Weekend

Had a wonderful but short weekend with my travelling Delicious Detox seminar in Edmonton. I flew in on Saturday morning and was shuttled off to do a 3 hr yoga bootcamp with my sister and a visiting instructor from BC (Karlito!!) at Moksha Yoga Edmonton.

Today I did the detox seminar in the morning for a great group of instructors and people that were starting a 30-day challenge. We covered some great information about how to decrease the burden on the body and how to be more conscious about environmental toxins and how they affect us. We can be affected by the water we drink (pesticide run-off), by the food we eat (preservatives, pesticides), by the air we breathe (smog), the clothes we wear, the furniture we sit on (off-gassing), etc. We also chatted about the necessity of sweating as a cooling mechanism and how important it is not to continually wipe the sweat off while in the hot room.

In the afternoon I stayed at the studio and did another 3 hr workshop. This one was a posture and alignment clinic that went through each of the postures in the moksha series. It was fantastic as I learned alot of new things even though I've been doing yoga for 8 years.

Next detox seminar will be at Flip Dog Yoga in Mississauga on March 19th at 2:30 pm.

No comments: