Saturday, April 3, 2010

Enjoying the Beautiful Weather and Quick Exercise Tip

What a beautiful weekend! I went for a run yesterday morning and then Chris and I walked through High Park to enjoy the mid-day sun. Today we went to some of our favourite places in Toronto including St. Lawrence market and Kensington market to pick up some things for Easter! I had to stop in to Urban Herbivore for a apple cranberry spelt muffin too.... delicious.... some weekends I think of ways how I can incorporate a trip there with other errands I have to do.

This afternoon I went for another run followed by a great little 20 minute yoga session in my room. Some mornings I`m crunched for time to get to moksha or it`s raining outside so I`ll listen to one of the 15 or so yoga downloads I have from either itunes or my sister, the best yoga teacher ever :) and do an hour session in my room or a quick 20 minute power yoga. This is a great little tip for those crunched for time in the morning or those looking for little ways to get some exercise into their daily life. Now if you`ve never done yoga before this isn`t going to work for you as I recommend that you start off in a studio until you feel comfortable with the postures. You could also work on a yoga dvd to get into the flow of things before you work your way into an audio version.

I remember there was a time when I thought the longer I spent in the gym the better. Oh those McMaster days..... As I get older, I`m wiser, (and busier), and realize that even if I do something small everyday I can stay on track and be fit. Of course this doesn`t work great if you are training for something, but for general health and wellness this is perfect. Whether it`s getting up 5 minutes earlier and skipping rope, or doing 5 minutes of jumping jacks and pushups, every little bit counts!

No comments: