Friday, April 23, 2010

Drive Through SW Ontario

What a beautiful day. I have to always remind myself that I did not grow up in the city and that I have to return to my roots more often and take in the country air. With my parents not living in Tillsonburg anymore there is really no reason for me to drive out that way very often.

Today I went to visit a few friends and colleagues (Armstrong Clinic for Naturopathic Medicine) and also just to get out of the city and relax. There is no work to do during a 2 hour car ride and thanks to the Ontario government I can't really talk on the phone either! :)

Beautiful sky and sun, the rolling green hills driving back roads through Hamilton, Brantford, Oakland, Scotland, and Otterville was amazing. Seeing all the old tobacco fields and my old home.... ahhhhh. It was the first time I had been back since my parents sold the farm and saw some of the changes the new owner has made. The new owner really changed alot so it was a bit of a shock driving by. A flood of memories ....

I love the Spring air in the country, with the tractors out, getting the fields ready for planting ... it nourished my soul.

No comments: