Friday, June 26, 2009

Baron Baptiste Inspired Power Flow

Last night I went to my first official power flow yoga class. Whoa.... definitely not a class for beginners. It was also my first time to a studio called Leewi on Lakeshore and Mississauga Rd in Mississauga.

It was a good reminder that it good to shake things up in your fitness routine. I'm always saying how important it is to increase your food repetoire and try new veggies or try something crazy like quinoa; however as far as my exercise routine it's always the same thing! Awful! I like my morning moksha yoga classes a few times a week and then a run or two or a bike ride.

Anyway the studio was beautiful and the instructor was great at adjusting everyone's postures throughout the class and sequencing or flowing the postures together. It was strange not to have a mirror in front of me and really have to think of my alignment. The first half of the class was great, then there was a little incident with another person in the class having to leave and the balancing postures started. I was done. Never had to take a time-out like that.... it was pretty much savassana and childs pose for the rest of the class.

So clearly I have to go back and really do the full class!!!!! I also can't wait to go back to Edmonton and take one of my sister's power flow classes. Angela just got back from level 2 Baron Baptiste training in Montana.... And she really is the best yoga instructor!!!!!

No comments: