Thursday, December 4, 2008

Leftovers

I love leftovers. Usually the next day the flavours have all marinated well together and really come together. Today for lunch I had this great quinoa chickpea pilaf that I tried a couple of nights ago. I prepared it in less than 30 minutes and was delicious!

First thing I did was dice up a sweet potato and drizzle it with olive oil and roasted it in the oven on 450F for 20 minutes. I then made quinoa with vegetable broth, 2 minced garlic cloves and a pinch a red chili flakes. While that was cooking I cut up some green beans in 1 inch pieces and steamed them.... opened up a can of chickpeas and threw everything in the quinoa when it was almost done. I added some parsley and the sweet potato, a little Herbamare and pepper and heated it through. So quick and healthy - I love it.

No comments: