Saturday, November 29, 2008

My inner Martha Stewart

Normally I don't have the patience to fiddle with all the decor stuff of every season. I love looking at all the planters in my neighbourhood and how they change every few months according to the seasonal foliage.

Most years in the past I have been a struggling student with no time, energy, or money to bother and last year - the first year we had a house - we were consumed with buying furniture and less so with pine boughs, wreaths, and candles.

However this year across from our place there is a woman that moved in and she is always busy working outside with her rubber boots and gloves arranging flowers and foliage in planters. I drive by every morning on the way to the clinic thinking how beautiful everything looks, yet irritated that I can't put something together on the weekends to join in the spirit and channel my long forgotten (or never realized) Martha Stewart.

So today, bright and early, in true Carol fashion I drove to a few little flower shops and bought some pine and cedar and evergreen boughs. I spent some time cleaning out my planters of the dried up herbs from the summer and then organized the planters and arranged the boughs. IT LOOKS GREAT!!!! And when Chris and I left this evening to go to a movie and saw the planters it brought me such happiness. Next up: maybe a little xmas cheer for inside the house!

No comments: