Monday, September 8, 2008

Tofu Medallions Wrapped in Kale

It was Chris' birthday on Saturday - it was a weekend packed with events and friends and family to see. Saturday night we were off to our friends Aaron and Kevin's for dinner at their new house. I said I would bring dessert - Chris' favourite - World Class Chocolate ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and they said they would take care of the rest.

So impressed.... it was a delicious and healthy meal.... They warned Chris that he would hate dinner but love dessert. We started with a mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes. The main course was brown rice, and grilled mixed vegetables AND the best part - tofu medallions wrapped in kale. I begged them for the recipe but no luck - I'm on my own to figure out how they wrapped a tasty tofu mixture in a leaf of kale. Watch for later blog on my attempt at this!

Dessert was debacherous I fear. Aaron also baked chocolate chip cookies to go along with the ice cream cake that I brought. If any patients are reading this - remember what I always say: "I'm not here to take away all the pleasures of life. 90% of the time be good and then the other 10% of the time enjoy yourself."

Thank you for a lovely evening Aaron and Kevin and thank you to D et D!

No comments: