Friday, September 5, 2008

Saucy stir-fry

One of the things that stresses alot of people out is thinking of new things for dinners. Last night I remembered a recipe from a magazine that I had read that was brought to me from one of my patients and decided to whip it up (of course with some minor changes!). It took me less than 30 minutes prep time included!

I cut up a red and green pepper, a zucchini, a head of broccoli and some mushrooms. I sauteed some garlic with the mushrooms while cutting the other vegetables. Added the veggies while I made the sauce. I mixed 1/4 cup of Pomegranate juice, 1/4 cup of Braggs, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar and 1 tsp honey. I slowly added 2 Tbsp of arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce and then poured the whole mixture in with the veggies. While this was cooking I made the quinoa and picked Chris up from the subway. Came back 10 minutes later the stir-fry thickened up nicely, the quinoa was ready and we were starving and ready to eat. Turned out wonderful.... Next time I would have added a bit more pomegranate juice to flavour it up even more and maybe top with some pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds to add some crunch.

No comments: