Thursday, August 28, 2008

Planet Organic in Port Credit Saved the Day!

Chris was coming home late tonight so I ran some clinic errands after my last patient in Port Credit. I got soooooooooooo hungry - I couldn't wait to get home to make dinner. I remembered Planet Organic on Lakeshore has a freshly made food/salad area just like Whole Foods so I decided I would grab something quick and healthy to tide me over. Well as usual, you go into a store, thinking you are only going to get one thing and come out with ten things.

I saw some freshly made blackened tofu cubes so I thought I could grab some to snack on in the car. Well then the "hail to kale salad" peaked my interest so I bought a small container of that.... then the problems started when I wandered through the aisles - I ended up with a $40 bill!

That'll teach me to stop anywhere on the way home hungry. Good thing is I got a new idea for an easy, nutritious salad for lunch - shredded kale, red cabbage, carrots, Braggs, flax oil, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, and some oregano or other herbs.

No comments: