Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brussel Sprouts

I know, I know.... no one likes these little trees. I never liked them either but one day last year I bought them, (because I know how good of a cruciferous vegetable they are for my liver and hormones!) and decide to roast them. We both love dijon mustard so I slathered the brussels with dijon, salt and pepper and olive oil and roasted them at 450 for 20 minutes. I've never looked back since - delicious!

Now we have them this way every couple of weeks. I especially love the little crispy leaves that fall off during the roasting process.... mmmmmmm.... they're what we pick at while everything else is cooking!

I'm picking right now while I'm waiting for the cauliflower to steam and Chris is BBQing our fresh tuna steaks!

If you want to disquise brussel sprouts even more take a look at Zawada Health's October newsletter for my shredded pecan brussel sprouts recipe!

No comments: