Friday, March 27, 2009

Lettuce Eatery

Has anyone been here? I've walked by several of them around Toronto but never eaten at one, until last night.

One of my patients this week told me she eats at Lettuce Eatery downtown every day for lunch. She creates her own salad (the same one!) each time - this intrigued me so last night since Chris was going to be late I decided to stop at Sherway Gardens on my way home and give it a try.

Delicious and great concept. You can pick from 5 or so salads on their menu that they have put together or you can create your own. You pick the 'leaf' - spinach, romaine, or mixed, and then pick your toppings and your dressing.

The serving you get is pretty big and the dressing is already mixed into the salad which is wonderful. My salad was $7.06. I had a mixed green salad with sunflower seeds, carrots, broccoli, red peppers, avocado, grilled tofu, chickpeas, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Definitely will go back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's actually a place in Mississauga called "Sprouts" that does the same sort of thing. I know it's one of my favourite dinner spots (and I sometimes get an extra one to use for lunch the next day - dressing can be either mixed in or put on the side).