Friday, April 25, 2008

Muesli for Breakfast

I totally forgot about having muesli for breakfast until my good friend Jane reminded me by asking for a recipe!

Jane just got back from beautiful New Zealand and had mentioned a typical breakfast for her and Scott was muesli. She wasn't able to find a good muesli here and asked if I had a recipe. Sure enough I did and used to do this once in awhile. Give this a try if you want something different for breakfast.

The night before you want to have muesli, take 1/2 cup of large flake oats and soak in water in a bowl (cover with 1 inch of water). In the morning, grate an apple into the oats and mix in 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup plain yogurt or rice milk or soy milk, 1 Tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds, 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds, and 1 Tbsp toasted sliced almonds, and 1/2 fresh berries. Stir together and enjoy! You can always substitute any of the nuts and seeds or the berries for different fruit.

No comments: